Sunday, December 03, 2006

Congratulations to Stephane Dion!!


I know this doesn't have anything to do with wine, but I just wanted to mention how happy I am that Stephane Dion won the Liberal leadership race.

Here is a picture of me with Mr. Dion during his campaign in Vancouver.

On a wine related note, I bought a bottle of Le Petit Jaboulet the other day and opened it tonight to have with my pasta. It is about 90% Grenache (which is one of my favourite varietals) and had very strong notes of cherry. This wine is very smooth on the palate with a nice soft finish of light tannins.

Yummy. Oh, FYI it was only $13 a bottle.

9 comments:

rob said...

I guess since you've made your first political post, I should do my first wine related post.

Maybe after finals!

Andrea Thomas said...

Haha, you're cute.

Neo Conservative said...

Not exactly acclamation, I'd say.

MONTREAL (CP) - It seemed a harmless gesture to reward the lowliest candidate for a gallant campaign. It may have changed the course of the Liberal leadership race, handing the crown to Stephane Dion.

jblue said...

yeah yeah, hurray for dion - woooo.. now get back to your role of enabling me to be an alcoholic! you're slacking big time!

and i clicked on that "make extra cash" link from mr anonymous there and now i'm down a few million dollars - d'oh! spare change? spare change?

do you watch amazing race? i sent your hubby an email inviting him to join my amazing race pools but don't have your email address to send it to you.. if you're interested ask him about it, eh.

Andrea Thomas said...

I know I have been slacking big time! I have this idea for a post about Italian wines which I will write soon. Rob and I have been watching "24." It's like crack, once you start watching you can't stop. We have copies of every season and have been staying up until 4am watching it almost everynight. It really is getting ridiculous, but we're almost caught up to the current season so we'll get our lives back and I'll start posting again.

gayle said...

you need to update! :)

Anonymous said...

When are you going to write something again? I miss your articles! Please!! Write something.......anything!

Thanks, sweetie!

jblue said...

uh oh.. the readers are starting to grumble.....

Fortuna said...

"Rob and I have been watching 24"

and by watching 24, you mean developing a certain special chant that I've heard about extensively... too funny!