Saturday, April 08, 2006

Francis Ford Coppola Rosso


I cannot wait to buy a bottle of this when I get back to BC! We don't have it here in Saskatchewan unfortunately. It is my favourite $20 bottle of wine, but its been so long since I have tasted it so I can't describe it to you. I'll try anyway, cuz I think I can sum it up on one word:

Silk.

Its a blended red wine made of Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, and Syrah. I remember it being very big and fruity, finishing with vanilla or mocha.

If you get the chance to try this wine, I recommend it.

Yummy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that does indeed sound like a fine choice. And for $20 a bottle, you can stock-up.
Though I can't complain about the free bottle of Merlot my mom's friend made...It is putting me to sleep.
~Coreen

Andrea Thomas said...

We'll have to drink a bottle when I'm back.
11 more days!!!

Justin Beach said...

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I've added your blog to the house and home directory and aggregator at publicbroadcasting.ca If for any reason you don't want to be included, please let me know and I'll take your blog back out.

Cheers,
Justin

Andrea Thomas said...

Hey, thats cool, I don't mind having my blog on there.

Thanks!
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Cielo's is heaven...the food is insanely delicious and since the clientel can't keep their hands off me;)I gotta say I love it..LOVE IT, almost a sexual love thanks to some of it's patrons... but I am here to mention the Shiraz(I really hope that's what it was), brilliantly matched with the bruchetta, I am in love, Andrea please fill in with the details I will miss in my wine ignorance. I do know what I love and that was it!!! The company was pretty nice, I wouldn't want to have a romantic candlelit dinner with any other couple ;)
- Andrea

Anonymous said...

I bought a bottle of this last week and I love it. It is my new favourite Shiraz.......excellent! Thanks for the tip, honey!

Andrea Thomas said...

No prob mumsy!
It's a little bit on the pricey side for an everyday wine, but it sure is tasty!

=)